Get Kids Going! Website
This website, and any Get Kids Going! event websites, which are provided by Get Kids Going!, a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales 3391908 and a charity registered in England and Wales 1063471 whose registered office is; 4 Chandlery House, 40 Gowers Walk, London, E1 8BH and we respect the privacy of individuals who use our website.
Below we have set out how we use the information that you give us and how the website operates.
Subject Information Statement
Get Kids Going! processes your personal data (as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the DPA”)) for the following purposes:
- your entry into events
- keeping you informed about our work
- promotions and future events run by Get Kids Going! and third parties
- achieving the charitable objectives and marketing of a charitable organisation
- marketing and selling our products and those of any subsidiary or group company
- using your photograph or a film image or sound recording of you to promote Get Kids Going! or to advertise the objectives of Get Kids Going! (for the avoidance of doubt we never use images of those who are 17 years or younger without their guardians written permission)
- printing your name in any press listing/release of the participants of any event into which you have entered
- transferring your personal data to any group or subsidiary company or any company with which we have a contractual relationship in respect of the collection of data, the fulfilment of services or the sale of products or entering you into an event
- transferring your personal data to HM Revenue and Customs
- transferring your personal data to other Get Kids Going! charities (if applicable) operating in jurisdictions outside the European Economic Area (EEA) where data protection laws are not as strong as within the EEA
- transferring your personal data to the charities to which it grants funds
- transferring your personal data to organisations that support the objects of Get Kids Going! And with your consent, to send you information about Get Kids Going! by email in accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
We collect personal information from you when you communicate with us by any media. We may also collect personal data which relates to you from third parties.
Sensitive Personal Information
Get Kids Going! does not collect or handle any sensitive personal information relating to any person unless it is given, in a, hardcopy, written application for disabled sports equipment or for a disability sports grant, to the charity by the applicant or the applicant’s parent or guardian.
Sensitive personal information means personal data consisting of information such as the person’s physical condition etc.
Get Kids Going! may collect information to perform anonymised, statistical analysis of your interaction with our website.
Get Kids Going! ensures that it is permitted to process your personal data. If no statutory condition applies to the form of processing we undertake, we can only undertake such processing with your consent.
You may withdraw your consent to our processing your personal data in respect of marketing by writing to us at the address below.
If a statutory condition applies allowing Get Kids Going! to process your personal data and you withdraw consent to process your personal data this will not necessarily mean that Get Kids Going! ceases to process your personal data as it may, for example, be under a statutory duty to continue to process your personal data for some purposes e.g. to keep copies of commercial transactions for a minimum of seven years. Any personal information you send to us will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Get Kids Going! may continue to process your personal data after you have ceased to be connected with Get Kids Going! or its events or we have sent you any information requested by you.
Sharing Your Information
In some circumstances Get Kids Going! may be required, by law, to share personal data about you to a third party. If you do not wish us to share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes etc. please write to us at the address below.
European Economic Area (‘EEA’)
Please note that information displayed on our website or sent to Get Kids Going! over the internet may be transferred outside of the EEA, where data protection laws are not as strong as within the EEA. If you have any concerns in relation to such transfers, you should not use the internet as a means of communication with Get Kids Going!
Monitoring of telephone calls and e-mails
Your telephone calls and e-mails to us may be recorded and monitored for quality control purposes. We may also intercept communications made to individual members of staff at Get Kids Going! when this is required for business purposes.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our website. This can include using a “cookie”, pieces of information that are transferred to an individual user’s hard drive for record keeping purposes.
At the present time the cookie we send to your computer stores only basic information which you enter into the website, which may include your name, address, phone number, date of birth, occupation, work address and email address. It is possible for Get Kids Going! to retrieve the information stored in the cookie, however this retrieval is unlikely at the current time.
Our website may contain links to other websites. Get Kids Going! is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices or the content of any websites which are linked to our website.
Get Kids Going! encourages parents and guardians to use the parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers to help supervise their childrens’ online activities. Get Kids Going! shall only obtain the data of individuals if it is permitted by the laws of the United Kingdom.
If you have any queries relating to this statement, please contact us by letter at the following address:
Get Kids Going!
4 Chandlery House
40 Gowers Walk
In the Act “processing” means obtaining, recording, or holding the information or data or carrying out any operation or set of operations on the information or data, including:
- organisation, adaptation or alteration of the information or data,
- retrieval, consultation or use of the information or data,
- disclosure of the information or data by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, or
- alignment, combination, blocking, erasure or destruction of the information or data.
Personal data are:
- any data from which the identity of a living individual can be determined, either by itself or with other data processed by data controller
- any information such as name and address, email address, telephone number and general contact details, personal data includes images on film (e.g. CCTV images), photographs and telephone voice recordings.
Get Kids Going! Trading Limited
Get Kids Going! reserves the right to operate through its wholly owned subsidiary trading company (company number 04945400) if required. The company is presently dormant.